[meteorite-list] Re:friends and all

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

--part1_64.1d4cbf20.29e0f52a_boundary

    When I got home from work today I went straight to a fist sized NWA.
Yesterday I had cut a broken side off of the gorgeous, black crusted, thumb
printed meteorite. Today I sat on my small water garden pier and hand
polished the cut face with diamond pads, while sipping on a McEwan's Scotch
Ale. Then it hit me, I maybe the only person in the world that is sitting
next to a pond, polishing an unusual rock from space and sipping on a
McEwan's Scotch Ale!
     I decided to thank all the people that brought this special hobby to me,
those working on the science of meteoritics, past and present, such as the
Nininger family. O. Richard Norton and his very talented wife Dorothy for
the Rocks From Space book that sent me on my first meteorite hunt. Gordon
Nelson, finder of the Correo strewn field, where I first found meteorites,
and all of the special meteorite dealers (Haag, Reed and Casper come to mind,
for different reasons) that I have met. To all of the meteorite collectors
and friends I have met in this weird, wonderful hobby, thank you, you are all
"special".
   Now back to my NWA and McEwan's Ale.
Fred Hall / Meteorhall

--part1_64.1d4cbf20.29e0f52a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2> &nbsp;&nbsp;When I got home from work today I went straight to a fist sized NWA. Yesterday I had cut a broken side off of the gorgeous, black crusted, thumb printed meteorite. Today I sat on my small water garden pier and hand polished the cut face with diamond pads, while sipping on a McEwan's Scotch Ale. Then it hit me, I maybe the only person in the world that is sitting next to a pond, polishing an unusual rock from space and sipping on a McEwan's Scotch Ale!
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I decided to thank all the people that brought this special hobby to me, those working on the science of meteoritics, past and present, such as the Nininger family. &nbsp;O. Richard Norton and his very talented wife Dorothy for the Rocks From Space book that sent me on my first meteorite hunt. Gordon Nelson, finder of the Correo strewn field, where I first found meteorites, and all of the special meteorite dealers (Haag, Reed and Casper come to mind, for different reasons) that I have met. To all of the meteorite collectors and friends I have met in this weird, wonderful hobby, thank you, you are all "special".
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;Now back to my NWA and McEwan's Ale.
<BR>Fred Hall / Meteorhall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_64.1d4cbf20.29e0f52a_boundary--