[meteorite-list] Meteorite Articulation/Tom Perry

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:24 2004

April 7, 2002

Greetings Meteorite Enthusiasts!

How interesting! ...That is, with all this talk about
meteorite articulation! I have lived my whole life in
Michigan and have never traveled outside its borders.
So I suppose that would make me a native of sorts.

Although I think it is safe to say that many of the
meteorites found here have rather universal American
English pronunciations, I will still gladly be
responsible when Michigan is concerned in this quest
for better speech. Perhaps my friend Tom Perry will
want to collaborate in a way, as so to catch any
difference in the pronunciations if there be any.
(Of course I wish not to obligate Mr. Perry in any
way; the matter of which I do not think has to be done
real soon.)

For the records, it may be wise for this list to learn
how to pronounce "Newaygo" (New-way-go). Each
syllable is pronounced like the word it spells.
Hopefully, this stretch of land will contain the next
meteorite to be discovered in Michigan! Yes, I'm
still scouring...

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA