[meteorite-list] ordin. chondrite slab

From: David Calongne <calongnedav_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

 hi list, at my rock club (arlington texas) we had a small time
meteorite dealer from north dallas (visiting speaker) who got his
merchandise from e-bay and alot of its names/histories lost or
unclassified. he had a slice of completly black chondrite with alot of
metal flakes but streams of areas between the "islands of metal flakes"
where there were no metal flakes if i had the money i wish i could of
bought it was it a impact melt? it was unclassified. it seemed too
complex to be shock veins, maybe not? it was the size of an adult hand.