[meteorite-list] Bavarian find is not meteorite

From: marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:25 2004

Hi Ron, others,

The object reported in the below news item was NOT a meteorite connected to the
Bavarian fireball of 6-7 april. It is not a meteorite at all. Dieter Heinlein
has inspected it. It is a piece of bitumen. Indeed, that is what it looks like
to me too from a good photograph I've seen.
The fireball though, is of meteoric character and not a satellite decay, that
is now clear.

- Marco Langbroek (Dutch Meteor Society)

----
Message: 13