[meteorite-list] Picture of recovered rocket fragment from Uganda

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

Hi All,

I thought you all might be interested in seeing the metallic sphere
that was recovered from that observed reentry over Uganda earlier
this month. This piece of debris was from the GStar 1 Ariane 3
rocket body (USSPACECOM #15679) which was launched in
1985. I've posted an image of the sphere at:

<http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/uganda.jpg>

I obtained this image by decompressing one that Seesat member
Antonin Vitek posted on his site at:

<http://www.lib.cas.cz/www/space.40/uganda_ufo1.JPG>

Antonin obtained the picture (which appears to have been
inadvertently compressed horizontally 2:1) via UNO channels
thanks to Petr Lala, COPUOS.

Best,
Rob