[meteorite-list] The Fireball Trio from Europe--- Any Radiant?

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

Hi Mark and all,

Mark Fox wrote:

> I for one, am quite intrigued by the recent
> information comparisons, tying the H5 chondrite
> Pribram with the EN060402 bolide. It's about time
> such an association has been made, since the likely
> hood of there not being "meteorite" streams is quite
> illogical.

I wonder if anyone has tried to plot months and days related to meteorite classes of
meteorites to see of any correlation of types on certain fall days? I am sure it is
more complicated than that as the Earth doesn't have a perfect orbit around the sun in
days (why we have leap year). Also perpetration of the meteoroids in space would have
to be taken into account (difficult). No doubt other celestial mechanics at work. I am
sure some of our researchers have thought of this but I haven't heard of such a
project. As one member has noted before, we have had two Mars Meteorites fall on the
say day different years and different classes. If streams could be predicted then we
could have watchers for this material coming down, plotting the falls with various
observers or camera networks.

--AL