[Fwd: [meteorite-list] TRue or False about Gasoline Imports? - off the topic]

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

--------------B099697B171C65FE84FABE08

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:09:34 -0400
From: magellon <magellon_at_earthlink.net>
To: Tim Heitz <midwestmeteor_at_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] TRue or False about Gasoline Imports? - off the
 topic

--------------D0920FCB74281E6F1EAE3958

This page from the DoE for year 2001 make me think the
fiqures from the email are questionable when you look at
Shell and others. Even though it does not cover exact time period
I would not trust it!

 Crude Oil Imports From Persian Gulf 2001

Best,
Ken Newton

Tim Heitz wrote:

>> Found this on the Yahoo Raytheon message board. If this is true,
>> I'm going
>> to be buying a lot more gas at BP & Conoco stations!
>>

>> True or false?
>>

>> I received this email from a friend. Has anyone else seen this or
>> been able
>> to verify its content?...
>>
>> Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money
>> into the
>> coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
>> import their
>> oil from the Saudis.
>>
>> Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I
>> fill-up the
>> tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my
>> family,
>> and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know
>> which oil
>> companies are the best to buy gas from.
>>
>> Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil
>> (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01).
>> Shell................ 205,742,000 barrels
>> Chevron/Texaco....... 144,332,000 barrels
>> Exxon/Mobil.......... 130,082,000 barrels
>> Marathon............. 117,740,000 barrels
>> Amoco................ 62,231,000 barrels
>>
>> If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18
>> BILLION!
>>
>> Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
>>
>> Citgo 0 barrels
>> Sunoco 0 barrels
>> Conoco 0 barrels
>> Sinclair 0 barrels
>> BP/Phillips 0 barrels
>>
>> All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
>> and can
>> be easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required to
>> state
>> where they get their oil and how much they are monthly basis.
>>
>> Keep this list in your car; share it with friends.

--------------D0920FCB74281E6F1EAE3958

This page from the DoE for year 2001 make me think the
Oil Imports From Persian Gulf 2001</a>
If this is true, I'm going
able
the