[meteorite-list] Plotting Months and Days - Part 1

From: Jay Haynes <cdnastronomer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:29 2004

Speaking of meteorite falls and dates I am trying to find my "birthday
meteorite". which is Dec 16th. I know Ivuna fell that day but does anyone
know of another meteorite that fell that day that I wont have to sell a
kidney on the black market in order to get the funds to get a nice piece of?
;-)

Take Care,
Jay

>From: almitt <almitt_at_kconline.com>
>To: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritesaustralia.com>
>CC: Meteorite List <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
>Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Plotting Months and Days - Part 1
>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:33:16 -0700
>
>Hi Jeff and all,
>
>Keep in mind that meteor showers and bright meteors and bolides that
>produce
>meteorites are two different animals. We don't have any evidence yet for a
>meteor
>shower producing a meteorite. Meteor Showers are produced when the Earth
>passes
>through the stream of a comets orbit and producing the shower from the fine
>particles
>tailing the comet. Meteor falls (that produce meteorites) are produced when
>when
>material intersects the Earth's orbit from the asteroid belt from
>perpetration from
>Jupiter etc. and falls. Yes they are call meteors but they originate from
>two
>different sources.
>
>--AL

<P>Jay Haynes</P>