[meteorite-list] Odd customer - slightly off-topic

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:06 2004

--part1_9.2c11bf19.2a806cf7_boundary

I posted this a couple of days ago, but it did not go through. Since the LIS=
T=20
is back, let me try =A0again.

Hello everybody,

Did anyone of you do business with a Mr. Alexander R. Young, from Java,=20
Indonesia? =A0I am getting very leery of this customer, and I would like to=20
compare notes.

Here is the story (since the List is quiet):
A couple of weeks ago he showed up in my e-mails wanting to buy several of m=
y=20
more expensive pieces, willing to pay for insurance, Express Mail, and askin=
g=20
if I would accept his MasterCard. I have credit card customers in many=20
countries, so why not?
He sent by e-mail 2 MasterCard numbers. One was declined (it happens) the=20
other one was good. The money showed-up in my bank account a few days later.=
=20
So I packed up everything extra-well and shipped it.=20
One odd thing: he asked me to buy a lot of gold coins for him and charge the=
m=20
on his card, plus a commission. I decided to pass on that and sent him to ou=
r=20
favorite coin-dealer.

He re-appeared a few days ago. The package had arrived in fine shape and he=20
wanted to buy an assortment of my jewelry pieces. =A0OK!, but this time both=
 of=20
his cards were declined =A0(too many gold coins????). I told him so, and he=20
sent right back 3 MasterCard numbers!. =A0The odd thing is that they have th=
e=20
same expiration date, and the first 3 sets of 4 numbers are identical, only=20
the last 4 numbers are different. And all 3 cards were promptly declined!

I haven't lost anything (except a nice sale) but I am getting worried.
Would anyone of you know that person?
Would anyone one of you be in the banking business and able to explain the=20
numbering system of MasterCard?

I would be curious to know. And I suppose that other dealers might too.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_9.2c11bf19.2a806cf7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>I posted this a couple of=
 days ago, but it did not go through. Since the LIST is back, let me try=20=
=A0again.
<BR>__________________________________________________________
<BR>
<BR>Hello everybody,
<BR>
<BR>Did anyone of you do business with a Mr. Alexander R. Young, from Java,=20=
Indonesia? =A0I am getting very leery of this customer, and I would like to=20=
compare notes.
<BR>
<BR>Here is the story (since the List is quiet):
<BR>A couple of weeks ago he showed up in my e-mails wanting to buy several=20=
of my more expensive pieces, willing to pay for insurance, Express Mail, and=
 asking if I would accept his MasterCard. I have credit card customers in ma=
ny countries, so why not?
<BR>He sent by e-mail 2 MasterCard numbers. One was declined (it happens) th=
e other one was good. The money showed-up in my bank account a few days late=
r. So I packed up everything extra-well and shipped it.=20
<BR>One odd thing: he asked me to buy a lot of gold coins for him and charge=
 them on his card, plus a commission. I decided to pass on that and sent him=
 to our favorite coin-dealer.
<BR>
<BR>He re-appeared a few days ago. The package had arrived in fine shape and=
 he wanted to buy an assortment of my jewelry pieces. =A0OK!, but this time=20=
both of his cards were declined =A0(too many gold coins????). I told him so,=
 and he sent right back 3 MasterCard numbers!. =A0The odd thing is that they=
 have the same expiration date, and the first 3 sets of 4 numbers are identi=
cal, only the last 4 numbers are different. And all 3 cards were promptly de=
clined!
<BR>
<BR>I haven't lost anything (except a nice sale) but I am getting worried.
<BR>Would anyone of you know that person?
<BR>Would anyone one of you be in the banking business and able to explain t=
he numbering system of MasterCard?
<BR>
<BR>I would be curious to know. And I suppose that other dealers might too.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Anne Black
<BR>IMCA #2356
<BR>www.IMPACTIKA.com
<BR>e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9.2c11bf19.2a806cf7_boundary--