[meteorite-list] Going hunting

From: John Reed <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:07 2004

--------------B22CF38A4C75DC04F8D9FD21

Alan,
I hear they make this stuff, its mostly water then they ad hops rice and barley
its supposed to be good for you when your in the middle of now where and you can't
hardley remember why your out in the middle of no where, it keeps you going
I'am gonna drink plenty of that stuff. Hey its mostly water
Thanks John

marsroxx_at_theofficenet.com wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> Remember to take plenty of water. It has to be 110 to 120 in the Palm Springs
> area in Aug.
>
> Good Luck
> Alan
>
> Quoting John Reed <john_at_findalltrades.com>:
>
> > Dave, I know its not going to be like fishing in a barrel but I do have
> > few
> > things going for me 1. I heard it , it sounded like a quite motor boat 2.
> > got a 1 second sight on it, gray and fuzzy propably fuzzy becuase it was
> > spinning so fast 3 Its shadow passed over me 4.I am reasonably sure of the
> > angle it came down 5 I am pretty certain of the direction because I saw it
> > looking straight up and also the the angle it went away from my house
> > which
> > is still there so we can reference it I am pretty sure it was between
> > 22o-28o
> > looking straight up off the rain gutter
> > Here's the question how high was it when it passed over me?
> > Thanks John
> >
> > David Freeman wrote:
> >
> > > Dear John, List;
> > > I didn't see you mentioned that it made the "nighttime as day time" and
> > > there fore, I think that it was the size of a pea and probably burned up
> > > except for a pea size piece that you may have heard.. Ever hear a rifle
> > > bullet a mile down range? Five miles down range?
> > > Statistics note that most meteorites at night are usually very small and
> > > don't make it through the atmosphere to the ground.
> > > I would think a random search of anywhere would have the same percentage
> > > of success....about 800 manhours of searching per new meteorite.
> > > Good Luck, there must be some somewhere.
> > > Dave (_at_400 hours) Freeman

--------------B22CF38A4C75DC04F8D9FD21

Alan,&nbsp;<br>
I hear they make this stuff, its mostly water then they ad hops rice and
barley<br>
its supposed to be good for you when your in the middle of now where and
you can't hardley remember why your out in the middle of no where,&nbsp;
it keeps you going<br>
Thanks John
Palm Springs
I do have