[meteorite-list] Brad Sampson Update

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:11 2004

Dear List,

I sure didn't mean to get embroiled in a controversy, but was thinking
outloud when I responded to Matteo's post. I was also emailed later,
privately by someone else on this list, who finds themselves in the same boat
as Matteo-----money sent, no meteorite. At that point my IMCA responsibility
(?) kicked in.

 Interestingly, I typed in Brad's name into YAHOO and found a post made to
this list From January 17, 2001 from Sergi Simakov, also wanting to know Brad
Sampson's correct email address, because he too had sent money and had never
received their meteorite specimen. (list server archives).

Uh...without knowing Brad personally, or ever having done business with him
before, I would be hard pressed to even offer my opinion on this dealer's
reputation, and so forth. For that reason alone, I will remain mum. If others
on this list have worked with Mr. Sampson, possibly they can offer some
insight.

However: Checking old threads, I have found several Email addresses for Brad
Sampson, take your pick:
Bobwrasse_at_webtv.net
meteor.dealer_at_gte.net
meteordealer_at_aol.com

 Brad, if you are out there reading this or someone on this list can pass
this message along to Brad,-------you might want to reply to Matteo, about
his concerns.

Best, Steven L. Sachs IMCA #9210