[meteorite-list] Brad Sampson Update

From: impactearth_at_space.com <impactearth_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:11 2004

It sure didn't take him long to respond to Matteo's
feedback on ebay. I think its obvious what's going on.
 He lists a meteorite on ebay, starting _at_ $1.00 with no
min., It doesn't bring the price he thinks it worth,
so, he has "e-mail" problems. His feedback speaks for
itself. His sales practices suck, and, if i'm not
mistaken, I believe he was suspended from ebay for
awhile not too long ago.

Ray

On Sun, 11 August 2002, "Robert Cucchiara" wrote:

> Hello Matteo Mark and list members,
> I have purchased items from brad on a number of
> occassions although i have
> received everything i purchased the amount of time in
> receiving my items and
> his communications are terrible. The first time i
> waited almost 2 months
> after payment to receive my item with numerous e mails
> sent before getting
> one back that said he was waiting for packaging
> materials. Matteo i believe
> you will receive your items but Brad needs to
> communicate and ship in a
> timely matter. Bob C.
&lt;thebigcollector_at_msn.com&gt;

over a
> year ago on some
> very
> &gt; late and very poorly shipped meteorites that
arrived
> smashed up. I have
> yet
> &gt; to receive any refund and recieved almost the
same
> response as Matteo from
> &gt; my inquiries. List members may also remember
Brad
> e-mailed the list
> saying
> &gt; he couldn't find my address or e-mail and once
again
> promised the
> &gt; refund...seems to be a common problem of his.
> &gt;
> &gt; Look through the archives and you can find
several
> other Sampson
> complaints.
> &gt;
> &gt; These actions by Sampson have only hurt himself.
 For
> example I collect
> &gt; Kansas meteorites. Had Sampson been honest and
> straight with me in our
> &gt; earlier transaction I would have bought the
complete
> mass of Lost Creek at
> &gt; $5.00 a gram and would have thought I came out
like a
> bandit. Instead
> what
> &gt; did you get out of it Brad? $2.00 a gram? I
don't
> know but it was sold
> low
> &gt; enough to be resold for under $3.00 a gram at a
> profit.
> &gt;
> &gt; Not sure if the IMCA does come in play here
however,
> as Brad does sell
> real
> &gt; meteorites.
> &gt;
> &gt; Mark Bostick
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; &gt;From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com
> &gt; &gt;To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
> &gt; &gt;Subject: [meteorite-list] Brad Sampson Update
> &gt; &gt;Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:16:47 EDT
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;Dear List,
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;I sure didn't mean to get embroiled in a
> controversy, but was thinking
> &gt; &gt;outloud when I responded to Matteo's post. I
was
> also emailed later,
> &gt; &gt;privately by someone else on this list, who
finds
> themselves in the same
> &gt; &gt;boat
> &gt; &gt;as Matteo-----money sent, no meteorite. At
that
> point my IMCA
> &gt; &gt;responsibility
> &gt; &gt;(?) kicked in.
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; Interestingly, I typed in Brad's name into
YAHOO
> and found a post made
> &gt; &gt;this list From January 17, 2001 from Sergi
Simakov,
> also wanting to know
> &gt; &gt;Brad
> &gt; &gt;Sampson's correct email address, because he
too had
> sent money and had
> &gt; &gt;never
> &gt; &gt;received their meteorite specimen. (list
server
> archives).
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;Uh...without knowing Brad personally, or
ever having
> done business with
> him
> &gt; &gt;before, I would be hard pressed to even
offer my
> opinion on this dealer's
> &gt; &gt;reputation, and so forth. For that reason
alone, I
> will remain mum. If
> &gt; &gt;others
> &gt; &gt;on this list have worked with Mr. Sampson,
possibly
> they can offer some
> &gt; &gt;insight.
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt;However: Checking old threads, I have found
several
> Email addresses for
> &gt; &gt;Brad
> &gt; &gt;Sampson, take your pick:
> &gt; &gt;Bobwrasse_at_webtv.net
> &gt; &gt;meteor.dealer_at_gte.net
> &gt; &gt;meteordealer_at_aol.com
> &gt; &gt;
> &gt; &gt; Brad, if you are out there reading this or
someone
> on this list can
> pass
> &gt; &gt;this message along to Brad,-------you might