[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #6 - FREE NWA869

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:15 2004

--------------90283FFCEDCA19A9F344C73A

Mark,
I think some of the suggestions so far are great!

Contest suggestion: Persons can submit ONLY ONE photo of their favorite
meteorite from their personal collection.(might be more difficult as
everyone does not have camera). Those without digital could mail you a
photo. Many Winning categories, Best small Iron, Best large iron,
nicest stone micro, Best oriented, etc, etc. Since you are the judge you
can determine the category based on the entries received. (One favorite
from each collection would hopefully present a wide variety of entries.)
This may take longer as persons may have to process and mail
photos...But everyone would enjoy seeing the others' one favorite.

Simple contest suggestion:(1) Pre-announce date and time of Contest
(Like Sun 8th 5 PM EST) At that time you would quote a sentence from
Rocks in Space or CEM (Everybody has Rocks in Space). The first to
email you the correct page # is the winner.

Best,
Ken

Mark Bostick wrote:

> Hello All, As you can guess by the title....its Meteorite Contest
> #6. The contest.... Come up with a contest ideal for me...for
> Meteorite Contest #7. Something anyone can enter reguardless of
> collection size or knowledge level preferrably. I will end this
> contest on monday. E-mail entries to the list please. The prize... A
> 98.8 gram NWA869 individual with some crust. Everybody who enters
> will at least recieve an NWA869 micromount. Free shipping to
> all. Thanks, Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"

--------------90283FFCEDCA19A9F344C73A

Mark,
meteorite from their personal collection.(might be more difficult as everyone
does not have camera). Those without digital could mail you a photo. Many
Winning categories, Best small Iron, Best large iron,&nbsp; nicest stone
micro, Best oriented, etc, etc. Since you are the judge you can determine
the category based on the entries received.&nbsp; (One favorite from each
collection would hopefully present a wide variety of entries.) This may
take longer as persons may have to process and mail photos...But everyone
would enjoy seeing the others' one favorite.
from
to email you the correct page # is the winner.
with a contest ideal for me...for Meteorite Contest #7.&nbsp; Something
NWA869 individual with some crust.&nbsp; Everybody who enters will at least