[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #6 - FREE NWA869

From: bubbz <bubbz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:18 2004

Apologies if this message gets posted twice - I sent it from the wrong mail account before:

Hi all,

I haven't read the other entries, 'cause I didn't want to get
influenced, hopefully I'm not duplicating anybody elses ideas. I came
up with two possible competitions:

1. 'Meteorite Collectors Do It <Insert Words Here!>' - Come up with
a suitable and witty slogan for a meteorite collectors tee-shirt,
Lot's of people on the list have great senses of humour, this would
let them shine. (Obviously the slogan doesn't need limiting to the
'collectors do it...' format)

2. Incoming!!! - If you could choose a time and place for a meteorite
to fall (historical or in the future): When, where and why would it
be?

I think the first is probably my favorite (requires very little
indepth knowledge of meteorites which suits me better, and the
entries should give us a laugh :) but i've put two since there have
been lots of entries already - hopefully one of these is original.

Thanks also to the regular posters on this list, i've learnt a lot by
lurking in the background...

Matt.