[meteorite-list] 2002 NY40

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:18 2004

Hello Tracy, Bob, and List,

Tracy wrote:

> My regrets also, Bernd!

Thank you for your sympathy, Tracy! But it was definitely my fault. I
should have aligned my scope properly - which I didn't ... and 1 degree
off the true celestial pole is way too much when trying to hunt a star-
like dot in the sky. See Bob's comment below:

Bob (King) wrote:

> even at 72x it moved slowly but continuously across the 1-degree
> field making and breaking new 'double' stars. For fun I increased
> the power to 214x ...

> No focus, no asteroid.

Let's wait for the next one :-) and let's hope the sky won't be falling.
Anne, remember Asterix and Obelix ... les célèbres Gaulois qui ont
peur que le ciel leur tombe sur la tête :-(

Bob inquired:

> By the way, what charting program did
> you use to plot the asteroid's path?

I didn't use any specific charting program,
- only the Sky and Telescope print-out!

> whether in our collections or through the eyepiece
> of a telescope these asteroids are a source of wonder.

They truly are!

> Wishing you and the list well!

Thank you very much!

Best regards from Germany to Minnesota