[meteorite-list] re: meteorite convention or event in Santa Barbara CA

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:18 2004

----------------- Original Message ---------------
[meteorite-list] re: meteorite convention or event in
Santa Barbara CA

Paulgsaddress_at_cs.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:44:34 EDT

If anyone has info on an upcoming meteorite conference
or convention in Santa Barabara CA, Please respond.
I understand something is going on near the end of
This month. I only know its in Santa Barbara
somewhere. I havent been able to find anything on
the WWW.

Thank You in advance
Paul
-------------- End of Original Message -------------

Hello Paul,

Below is the only information that I could find
related to your question. If you eventually find out
what this "event" is, please let us know.

Bob V.

-------------- Attached Text --------------

Subject: Meteorites - - Rocks From Outer Space - -
         On Display at Goleta Library

The SB Astronomy Club & SB Mineral & Gem Club member
Dale Lowdermilk
has several of his meteorites on display until the end
of August at the Goleta Library (500 N. Fairview Ave.,
Goleta, CA 93117 phone 805-964-7878).

The meteorite collection includes samples of cosmic
matter which is older than the Sun (Allende meteorite)
and a 500 gram piece of the Nantan meteorite which
fell in China in the Summer of 1516. There is a slice
of the Gibeon iron meteorite, from which one of King
Tut's sacred daggers was forged.
Also, there is an array of a dozen "suspect" rocks,
challenging the viewer to find 3 meteorites from among
the "meteor-wrongs."

This is a great exhibit to share with your children,
grandchildren or anyone interested in rocks or
astronomy.

For more info on the SB Astronomy Club go to--
http://www.sbau.org
For more info on the SB Gem & Mineral Club go to--

http://www.sbmgs.org