[meteorite-list] Re: Dean's new NWA group

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:19 2004

fcressy insinuated:

> If the "babies" do come, say 100 more or
> so, do they all get individual NWA numbers?

... which reminds me of the CR2's that Dean offered and still
offers. Dean announced some months ago that each of his CR2's
would be assigned a specific, provisional NWA number. And this
is what really happened. So my CR2 of 2.16 grams was assigned
the provisional NWA no.: 1078. If it does make sense, well, I
don't know. Of course, I was proud to be the owner of one of
the "individual" main masses - no matter how small this main
mass is (albeit a beautiful one because it looks pretty much like
an Apollo capsule - almost as if it was an oriented specimen :-)

Best regards from the soon-to be-proud owner of the new dark
NWA BL18 who is looking forward to his latest addition to his
collection and who envies the lucky one who purchased BL6 - an
almost perfectly regmaglypted asteroidal beauty. Wow, what an
awesome specimen ... probably acquired while I was washing and
polishing our car :-(

Bernd