[meteorite-list] Re: Dean's new NWA group

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:19 2004

Boy I have had a busy day. Almost all of that meteorite is sold. 31 of 37
offerings are gone. I must have seriously underpriced it. Here is another
photo of the cut surface:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-new21.jpg
Looks brecciated to me. You just gotta love it.
As far as to answer some of the questions I do beleive that they are all
paired. They came in together in a single bag which means something and they
all look the same. They also have similar magnetic qualities (Like you would
expect from a weak L but to strongly magnetic to likely be an LL). I have
cut 7 or 8 and the ones that I cut all look the same also. I got a total of
41 stones in all and they all appear to be the same.
As far as the total weight goes I have the 37 that are on my website. I sold
two yesterday that totaled 140 Grams and I still have the one that is on the
website that I cut in two to show the cut surface (Which you can see by
looking at the top of my website that I posted this morning). It weighs
201.6 Grams (After about a gram or so cut loss). It has some thumbprints. I
would gladly part with it for $100.
That accounts for 40 stones. Which leaves the smallest (Possibly the second
smallest) of the 41 rocks. If you want to see it see this ebay lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2133580975
I havent bothered naming this meteorite but if it gets named my opinion is
that all 41 stones should be lumped together. Of course more could easily
come out later. The nomads are notorious for bleeding material out a little
at a time. But a single name for these 41 stones seems appropriate since
there are over 7 kilos and they are all so similar - and since they came to
me in one batch then their story is a bit different than any potential other
meteorites from the same fall anyway. Aditionally, if any of my buyers want
to go to the meteoritical society and get a provisional NWA number thats
fine with me. You have enough info in this email to get a provisional name
and if somebody wants to do this then the 600 gram one by default becomes a
desert main mass and so email me before you go to the met society and I will
tell you who owns the main mass which would get listed in the met bulletin.
My opinion is that such a nice meteorite should also get classified to but
thats not going to happen - and I expect to be all sold out by tomorrow and
have none left to get classified anyway.
I only have 7 or 8 stones left so if you want one you better reserve it
soon. This meteorite is particularly nice and even if more turns up later
you are still getting a killer deal.Both the cut surface and outer surface
is really nice on this meteorite. I can cut them in two for no extra charge
if you want.
The site again is:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/newdarknwa.html
And dont forget to look at ebay lot #2133580975. It might be your last
chance to acquire a rock from this bunch.
Cheers
DEAN

You dont have to go to NASA to get a Rock from outer space. Or even from the
Planet Mars or the Moon. You just have to visit the Meteorite Shop.
www.meteoriteshop.com