[meteorite-list] NWA BIG QUESTION

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:21 2004

--part1_18d.cebbe2d.2a96fb5e_boundary

In a message dated 8/22/2002 8:07:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tracyl_at_lib.state.hi.us writes:

> I'd be willing to bet, if the nomads are as competitive as several of the
> dealers who regularly make trips to Morocco say, that:
> 1. any technology you give then will quickly be used for something other
> than its original intent, and
> 2. there will be a ferocious amount of infighting and sabotage, if the
> transmitters really do get used as transmitters. I can easily see one
> guy dropping them, and 10 feet behind him, someone else scooping them up,
> then possibly dropping the transmitters in some random location, or just
> chucking the lot at a scrap dealer's, just to protect their own finds.

--part1_18d.cebbe2d.2a96fb5e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/22/2002 8:07:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time, tracyl_at_lib.state.hi.us writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I'd be willing to bet, if the nomads are as competitive as several of the
<BR>dealers who regularly make trips to Morocco say, that:
<BR>1. &nbsp;any technology you give then will quickly be used for something other
<BR>than its original intent, and
<BR>2. &nbsp;there will be a ferocious amount of infighting and sabotage, if the
<BR>transmitters really do get used as transmitters. &nbsp;I can easily see one
<BR>guy dropping them, and 10 feet behind him, someone else scooping them up,
<BR>then possibly dropping the transmitters in some random location, or just
<BR>chucking the lot at a scrap dealer's, just to protect their own finds.
<BR>
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>