[meteorite-list] NWAs

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:21 2004

Hello all

Not many, I have see meteorites found in a glacial
morena and is many similar to the desert meteorites,
the same for my Lido di Venezia, found under the sand
in the Venice beach, or my Piave River found in a bad
of a river, have the surface corroded from the water
of the river, many similar to many weathered NWA's I
have see. One of these days I will go in some old
glacial moraines of the Alps and we see if I and my
group find something
regards

Matteo

--- drtanuki <drtanuki_at_tkc.att.ne.jp> wrote:
> Dear List Members;
> A meteorite cannot be paired unless analysis is
> done to prove so. A
> practice that is common in the market is to classify
> one stone
> (sometimes more) and call the remainder the same.
> The fact that they
> are "called" the same does not prove that they are
> the same type of
> meteorite or even paired. Dean's NWAs all look
> similar due to the local
> environment that they were found (probably within
> the same region of the
> Sahara).
> Desert varnish or sand erosion covers most of
> the meteorites and
> rocks in the Sahara and other deserts. Desert
> varnish is characteristic
> in colour or texture depending on the local
> environment; and even the
> terrestrial rocks look similar in appearance.
> I hope this answers some of the questions that I
> have been asked to
> respond to. Sincerely, Dirk Ross....Tokyo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/