[meteorite-list] Re: --Just a suggestion for your Tucson Ring-(Flame delete if under 18 )

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:22 2004

Hi Al & all,
    Perhaps you all could help me out here. I seem to be missing
something....
    First, let me state that I, personally, find frequent posting to the
list for sales unpalatable. I try to severely limit doing so myself, for
the obvious reasons. However, what I don't get is why Steve Arnold
is being singled out for ongoing, day in and day out posting to the
list. I find that Mateo frequently does this, as does Michael Cottingham
and, in spurts, Mike Farmer and Dean Bessy. The list could go on. (granted,
they all, especially Mike Farmer & Dean Bessey give it a rest from time
to time - sometimes for many weeks on end) The point is, there are numerous
dealers who do this, AT LEAST in spurts.
    Now, maybe I really am missing it, but it seems to me pretty much
the same as what Steve Arnold has been doing - perhaps he his commentary
is more repetitive and/or less articulate? What's the deal? All those ads,
from whomever, when posted frequently boor me to death - but, I have
this handy little "delete" button, so, I don't have to make my blood
pressure soar.
    Again, I most definitely find it BOORING - except when done
occasionally, or when done in connection with a meteorite that comes
up in discussions. I find Steve Arnold (now of Kansas or some other
Davy Crocket state), Ron Hartman, Rob Elliot, Eric Twelker, I and a few
others seem to follow this less than frequent pattern and I find such posts
interesting, or at least not bothersome. However, when Meteo, or Michael or
Michael or Steve from Chicago, or ANYONE hammers at it day after day, well,
the ol' delete button still functions for me.
    But the question remains, why is Steve of Chicago being PARTICULARLY
singled out (not that I mind reading some of the creative rants, mind you -
but I do like to think of them as directed at several dealers.... I just
can't figure out how SA got them all to himself)
    Before you tell me to put it where the sun doesn't shine, perhaps I
really have missed something and y'all could creatively clarify the fine
points upon which this discrimination is based - I'm all ears.
    Thanks a bunch, Michael

on 8/25/02 7:03 PM, almitt at almitt_at_kconline.com wrote:

> Hi Elton and all,
>
> Although I hate to address this issue, Elton is 100% right in his assessment
> of Steve
> Arnold from Chicago. When Steve started posting to the list, I tried to help
> him out
> and tell him what the list was for. I even tried to suggest some lists that
> might be
> more for what he was trying to do. I received a very arrogant (and nasty)
> message back
> from him saying he would pretty much do what he wanted to do and it was free
> enterprise and he could post what he wanted to the list. I then informed him
> he would
> be filtered from my emails from that time on and he has been. The only time I
> know
> something is going on is when someone quotes or responds to his email on the
> list.
> Even these are too frequent!
>
> It wasn't long until he was asked to tone down the posts. He hasn't listen and
> won't.
> I agree that he is probably a nice guy in some ways and I think he is
> passionate about
> collecting but he doesn't get what the list is for. If he thinks he is getting
> picked
> on, it is because he doesn't listen to reason.
>
> Steve, I hope you will listen this time around but I doubt it.
>
> Sorry to list members who have been offended but I am offended by someone who
> disrupts
> the list time and time again because he can't listen to what is being said.
> Anyone can
> look at the list rules and I think it is pretty clear that Steve has taken
> advantage
> and push his luck far too often.
>
> --AL

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
   Mark Twain
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: