[meteorite-list] Terresterial ages

From: Bernd Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:23 2004

David Freeman asked:

> Is there any time frame trend in the terrestrial ages
> of meteorites found in the western deserts of the U.S.?

Hello Dave and List,

I think Bob Verish is your man with regard to this question.
Bob even (co-) authored two papers about "Extraterrestrial
Materials From Cold And Hot Deserts in which he discusses
such problems:

VERISH R.S., RUBIN A.E. et al. (1999) Deflation and Meteorite
Exposure on Playa Lakes in the Southwestern United States:
Unpaired Meteorites at Lucerne Dry Lake, California (Workshop
on Extraterrestrial Materials From Cold And Hot Deserts, July
6-8, 1999, Kwa-Maritane, Pilanesberg, South Africa, LPI Contr.#997).

RUBIN A.E., VERISH R.S. et al. (2000) Numerous unpaired meteorites
exposed on a deflating playa lake at Lucerne Valley, California
(MAPS 35-5, 2000, Suppl., A181-A183).

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: There should also be something in our archives because we
discussed it about a year or two ago ... if I am not mistaken here.