[meteorite-list] More on ""Teenager 'struck by meteorite'"

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:24 2004

--------------EE1B26060F61963C2D642406

Siobhan Cowton says "I thought it was a stone, but it looked
very unusual, with a bubbled surface and lots of tiny indentations
- a bit like volcanic lava."
Lightened photo
After looking at the photo, I have to agree with Miss Cowton. It does
look like volcanic lava. Perhaps a piece recently removed from someone's outdoor
barbecue.
(I have a bunch of these available with black crust [burnt sauce]!!!!- Just like
photo)
If she waits till after it is examined to sell it, I'm afraid she will not get
enough $ for a new
bottle of nail polish.
Best,
Ken Newton
Photo's Dark?

Keith wrote:

> There are more details about this incident and
> a picture in teh article "Teenager 'struck by meteorite'"
>
> It stated:
>
> "A North Yorkshire teenager is convinced she has
> been hit by a meteorite which could be billions of
> years old.
>
> Siobhan Cowton says the small lump of warm rock
> fell from the sky over Northallerton and landed on
> her foot."
> http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_658058.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery
>
> http://www.ananova.com/images/web/27102.jpg
>
> The "meteorite" looks like a piece of coal slag.
> But I could be wrong.
>
> Have Fun
>
> Keith
> New Orleans, LA

--------------EE1B26060F61963C2D642406

Siobhan Cowton says&nbsp; "I thought it was a stone, but it looked
photo</a>
outdoor barbecue.
Just like photo)
she will not get enough $ for a new