[meteorite-list] Lets rename the thread! (postoffice problems!)

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:25 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C2506F.B01EDDC0

We ship 300 or more items a months and since the USPS rate hike in July =
our FedEx Ground shipments have gone way up.=20
We do alot of fragile stuff and pack only with bubblewrap and peanut =
foam. FedEx Ground is easily always cheaper than UPS and in an =
increasing amount of shipments FedEx Ground is as cheap as USPS Parcel =
Post and has a tracking number and will arrive in five days. In some =
cases our customers are even choosing FedEx Ground over Priority mail as =
it way cheaper than priority to the east coast on 3 pounds or more.
We have not lost an item in the mail in 2 years and that was finally =
recovered and returned to us. We use Stamps.com Internet Postage and =
print everybit of our domestic postage on our printer. All we do at the =
post office is hand them the boxes, they postmark the insurance slips =
and we are out of there. We wait longer in line than it takes to drop =
our items. Uninsured items our mail carrier takes everyday from our =
front door.=20
I have a FedEx Account, print my shipping labels with tracking number on =
our printer and schedule a pickup. If it is only a couple of boxes I =
drop them at a FedEx office close by and again only hand the boxes over =
the counter...no waiting in line.

We charge a small handling fee and that offsets the bubblewrap and foam. =
We get all our USPS supplies mailed to us free by the Post Office with =
Stamps.Com. Our customers rave about our shipping and packing.

If done with some help from online sources you can cut the TIME you =
spend doing your shipping, by offering more than one choice you give =
your customers a chance to save on their shipping costs and allow you to =
cover your materials and a portion of your time. We do not see any =
profit loss to our shipping and our customers open their items and find =
them intact safely packed.

By doing the things above we have eliminated any of the shipping =
concerns in our pricing of our items for sale, allowing us to draw more =
bidders to our auctions.

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ

----- Original Message -----=20