[meteorite-list] Re: Fireball Spotted Over Norway?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:32 2004

----------- Start of Forward Message -----------

meteorobs-digest Saturday, November 30 2002
Volume 04 : Number 1043

(meteorobs) Re: Fireball Spotted Over Norway?

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:39:40 +0100
From: <Lars-Trygve.Heen_at_ffi.no>
Subject: (meteorobs) Re: Fireball Spotted Over Norway?

The sighting over Oslo has been rather officially
confirmed as an airplane contrail illuminated by the
setting sun. A radar in Sweden evidently saw an
airplane at the correct position/time.
The trail lasted several minutes, but didn't curl like
ordinary meteor trails. The video images were not very
sharp though, so it was hard to say very much from
them.

Lars Trygve Heen
Norwegian Meteor Section