[meteorite-list] Nininger's estimate's????

From: Tom / james Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:33 2004

Hello List, I want your opinions! Look at Nininger's estimate of 10
meteorites for every square mile of earth and then compare it to large
strewn field like Gold Basin. There has been a few different meteorites
found there now. Gold Basin has been searched thousands of hours by who
knows how many people! I feel if you took hundreds of people and they spent
thousands of hours searching any favorable location you would come up with a
number of meteorites. Am I way off base, or correct????????

Thanks, Tom
The proudest member of the I.M.C.A. #6168