[meteorite-list] Hiroshima Artifact at Ebay ... was Poor

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:33 2004

The half life of of a radioactive isotope varies from element to element.
some minutes some thousands of years.

My father was in Nagasaki after the bomb was dropped. He drove high ranking
officials around to " hot spots" etc. he was in communications. He had
places on his scalp that never healed.. just scabbed over a and then open up
again. Docs said was " jungle rot" ( fungus) from the Pacific.. like from
Iwo Jima or Solomons or Wke or Marshals orMariannas or Guadalcanal.. etc..
oh well. It was only after he entered the Veterans Hospital run by
Vanderbilt, when he was diagnosed as having Leukemia from exposure to
Radioaction that he was told that the jungle rot that never healed... was..
radiation burns.

Lucky me.. am the firstborn. I have all kinds of wonderful blessings ..
like sterility. not to mention doc say I am wired wrong and when it is
anything unusal, why is it always me? My next sis had too many miscarriages.
Finally with last ditch methods, she carried some children. Oh well.. just a
point. The only other serviceman of my dad's unit that he knew was still
alive was in North Carolina.... was dying of leukemia too.

Dad took pics at Nagasaki. Was still smoking. not a nice place to see. He
never talked about it.. but he had nightmares many nights... and would wake
up hearing him scream and moan in his sleep. Our vets have suffered more
than people will ever know.to give us the freedom we enjoy.

Rosie

ned