[meteorite-list] Nantans or rocks from river ?

From: Bill Mason III <bmason3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:33 2004

Dear PolandMET.com,
    My geological background and last years Tucson '02 Show where I saw a
few hundred kilos of these sold as Nantans to an acquaintance of mine. I
sliced few and found that they were" bog iron", chunks that had been stream
worn and tumbled. They were very well consolidated and heavy but no native
meteoric iron was observed. I have 50 kilos of real Nantans that have been
sliced and preserved for a Chinese customer. How may photos would you like?
    Bill Mason