[meteorite-list] Geminids from Colorado

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:35 2004

I realize I'm a little late with this report but wanted to share these
images I was able to catch with the digital camera on Sat. morning. We
had clear skies here in the mountains of Colorado and the Moon set
around 0200 so the conditions for seeing and photographing these nice
meteors were a lot better than for the moon washed Leonids this year. A
friend who lives about 40 miles to the west of me picked up 44 meteors
with his all sky camera that night. I know I sure did see some really
nice ones and they were in many parts of the sky and didn't seem to be
associated much with the radiant. I was out from 0130 to about 0400
local time and finally had to come in due to the 11 degree temperature.
I took 165 shots and this was the 160th. Glad I didn't go in early!

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/geminid1214021524ipps.jpg

And here is the only other one I was able to capture.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/geminid1214021472b.jpg
--
Ginger
http://velatron.com/dca/ginger/