[meteorite-list] happy holidays and a new meteorite fall

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:36 2004

<maybe it's just a typo, but I think this one's been submitted to the Met Society as Kilabo, not Kalibo.
  Isn't this the same July 2002 Nigerian LL6 fall that's previously been known by the working name of Hadejia?>

Last month I was offered 10kg of a 21 Jul 2002 fall, LL6, under the name Kilbu. With a little research I found the newspaper article on Eric Twelker's site which mentioned both Hadejia and Kilbu villages. That is close enough to the Kilabo that Rob mentioned that it was the same fall. So there is at least 10kg in addition to what Eric Twelker received.

Fellow wanted "to sell it to a dealer to save myself from having to retail it", but wanted full retail prices for it. Supposedly "At this time scientists are scooping it up at $xx.xx per gram. The speculation based on upcoming article is that around March of htis year price will multiply manyfold"
I declined and wished him good luck. Since I haven't heard anybody else offering it recently I suppose it is still floating around out there somewhere.

Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com