[meteorite-list] Simple tektite test

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:36 2004

Hello All,
John Blennert told me a couple of years ago that if suspected tektites were
heated with a torch, it would react differently than anapache tear. One
melts and froths up and the other just glows read....I think the true
tektites simply glow red.

If JB is monitoring the list, maybe he can clarify things. I believe Jim
Kriegh also knows something about this test.

John