[meteorite-list] Simple Tektite Test

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:36 2004

The last time we discussed this thread was only 3
months ago - go to the URL below and scroll down to
Wed, 25 Sep 2002:

http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2002-September/date.html

There was quite a lot discussed about all of this. I
think the general consesus was that - although there
are MANY kinds of tests to differentiate tektites from
obsidian - there was NO "simple test".

There was always some darn "exception to any rule"
that we tried to formulate.

-------------------------------------
Did the following in about 20 seconds:

Searched the web for "tektite glass verish".

Results 1 - 5 of about 16. Search took 0.10 seconds.

Mail Thread Index
... Re: Glass bombs impactite or tektite, Bernd Pauli
HD. Re ... glass bombs, Guy Heinen;
OUR TEARS AND LOVE GO OUT TO ... RE: Search meteorites
on Mars, Verish, Robert S. Fw ...

http://www7.pair.com/arthur/meteor/archive/archive7/March99/threads.html

     Mail Index