[meteorite-list] RE: Can you help identify this meteorite?

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:36 2004

--part1_117.1c99254c.2b378758_boundary

In a message dated 12/22/2002 9:30:27 AM Mountain Standard Time,
gaucho_at_netgate.com.uy writes:

> Thank you all for your insight on my question sent a few days ago.
> All responses from members so far have disqualified this item from being a
> meteorite at all.
> I sincerely apologize for this fact, and again deeply appreciate your
> expertise and comments, specially to members Ken (magellon), David Weir _at_
> meteoritestudies.com, Dave Freeman, Bill Mason, BOORX4_at_aol.com, Joseph
> Murakami, who very kindly gave me their personal opinions on this rock.
>
> You sure are a bunch of great guys!!! :o)
>
> Wishing you all my best wishes for these Holidays.
>
> With my best personal regards from a rainy yet warm Montevideo,

Amazing what a difference a few days can make.
Only a few days ago some List-Members were accused of using scare-tactiques
and a "Police" by a Ebay dealer with a meteorwrong, and today another Ebay
dealer is actually thanking the same List-Members for their help.

Let's hope that 2003 will bring a lot less of the first type, and a lot more
of the second type.
And, Omar, you are very welcome! You don't need to apologize, we are all
happy to help when asked.

Have a great Christmas!

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_117.1c99254c.2b378758_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/22/2002 9:30:27 AM Mountain Standard Time, gaucho_at_netgate.com.uy writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you all for your insight on my question sent a few days ago.<BR>
All responses from members so far have disqualified this item from being a <BR>
meteorite at all.<BR>
I sincerely apologize for this fact, and again deeply appreciate your <BR>
expertise and comments, specially to members Ken (magellon), David Weir _at_ <BR>
meteoritestudies.com, Dave Freeman, Bill Mason, BOORX4_at_aol.com, Joseph <BR>
Murakami, who very kindly gave me their personal opinions on this rock.<BR>
<BR>
You sure are a bunch of great guys!!! :o)<BR>
<BR>
Wishing you all my best wishes for these Holidays.<BR>
<BR>
With my best personal regards from a rainy yet warm Montevideo,<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Amazing what a difference a few days can make. <BR>
Only a few days ago some List-Members were accused of using scare-tactiques and a "Police" by a Ebay dealer with a meteorwrong, and today another Ebay dealer is actually thanking the same List-Members for their help.<BR>
<BR>
Let's hope that 2003 will bring a lot less of the first type, and a lot more of the second type.&nbsp; <BR>
And, Omar, you are very welcome!&nbsp; You don't need to apologize, we are all happy to help when asked. <BR>
<BR>
Have a great Christmas!<BR>
<BR>
Anne Black<BR>
IMCA #2356<BR>
www.IMPACTIKA.com<BR>
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_117.1c99254c.2b378758_boundary--