[meteorite-list] Nevada Meteorites

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:37 2004

N Lehrman wrote:

> I've noted only two NV meteorites: Primm
> (currently offered on eBay) and Quinn Canyon.
> Are there others?

Hello Norm and List,

Presently there are "at least" 30 Nevada meteorites;
"at least" because I am way behind with my updating
chores (August through December issues of MAPS are
still missing in my private databases):

Alkali H6
Beer Bottle Pass L5
Bluewing 001 AEUC
Bluewing 002 H5
Bluewing 003 L6
Bluewing 004 L5
Bluewing 005 L5
Bluewing 006 L6
Bluewing 007 L4
Bonnie Claire 001 H5
Bonnie Claire 002 H5
Devil Peak L6
Diamond Valley H5
Dry Lake Valley L6
Hot Springs IIIAB
KumivaValley H5
Primm H5
Quartz Mountain IIIAB
Quinn Canyon IIIAB
Roach LL6
Tungsten Mountain 001 H4
Tungsten Mountain 002 H6
Tungsten Mountain 003 H4
Tungsten Mountain 004 H6
Tungsten Mountain 005 L6
Tungsten Mountain 006 L6
Tungsten Mountain 007 H5
Tungsten Mountain 008 H5
Tungsten Mountain 009 H4
Tungsten Mountain 010 H5

> Is there a simple way
> to look this up?

Yes, there is:

a) The 5th edition of the Meteorite Catalogue
   (by Dr. Monica Grady) which comes with a CD-ROM,

b) Several commercially available databases (Jörn
   (Koblitz's METBASE or Anne Black's booklet - just
   to name a few). Mine isn't commercially available.

Best regards,

Bernd