[meteorite-list] Gujba & Eric Twelker

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:37 2004

Hi Everyone,

On the subject of bencubbinites, and in particular Gujba, I
thought people would be interested to know that Eric Twelker
donated a VERY sizable piece of this meteorite to UCLA --
certainly worth many thousands of dollars at the PPG I've
seen it selling for. Eric is not the type to toot his own
horn about such generosity, but believe me Alan Rubin is
very proud to have this sample in UCLA's collection. This
past Fall on one of my visits to the lab to turn in material,
he took it out to show it off to me: it was stunning, both
in size and beauty.

So, yes, I echo the sentiments of an earlier poster: with
specimens like Gujba and Tagish Lake, Eric has made some
very interesting material available to private collectors,
but also makes happy campers out of the scientific
institutions that do all our classification work. --Rob