[meteorite-list] Tucson and Michael Blood's Auction

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:38 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C2AF65.7B964AC0

Hello Everybody,
I just took a look at Michael Blood's auction page and am looking foward =
to an entertaining night. Michael Blood was the first to run an all meteo=
rite auction and it is nice to see that he has continued to make efforts =
to bring us more meteorites and to make sure that everyone can be a part =
of the event. It truely is The People's Auction. I think it was Mike Mar=
tinez that commented last year to me, "These auction are worth going to j=
ust for the humor." Add a chance to see that awesome Gujba slice in perso=
n, the rare African meteorite slices provided by the Hupes, along with a =
keg of beer and it makes the trip to Tucson seem a little more worth it.
All the auction details and some photos can be veiwed at the following ad=
dress:
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Tucson%20Auction.html
As plans are now, I will arrive sometime on Wendsday and leave out someti=
me on Sunday during the week of the meteorite events. If I have not had t=
he pleasure of talking and meeting any of the list members that will be t=
here, PLEASE come up to me and introduce yourself.
In a side note Dean Bessey will not be attending this year. I think his t=
rouble on crossing the Canada-USA border last year has him still a little=
 upset. Dean was the one person of the thousand of foreign sellers that m=
ade the show that was not going to be let into the country because he doe=
s not have a US work permit.
Looking foward to seeing everyone is Tucson. Let's hope we do not get a l=
ate snow like we did last year. Tucson didn't seem right with a snow blan=
ket.
Warm thoughts from Kansas where snow has been on the ground for over a we=
ek and I am tired of it.....
Mark Bostick

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C2AF65.7B964AC0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>Hello Everybody,</P> <P>I just took a look at Michael Blood's auctio=
n page and am looking foward to an entertaining night. Michael Blood was =
the first to run an all meteorite auction and it is nice to see that he h=
as continued to make efforts to bring us more meteorites and to make sure=
 that everyone can be a part of the event. It truely is The People's Auct=
ion.&nbsp; I think it was Mike Martinez that commented last year to me, "=
These auction are worth going to just for the humor." Add a chance to see=
 that awesome Gujba slice in person, the rare African meteorite slices pr=
ovided by the Hupes, along with a keg of beer and it makes the trip to Tu=
cson seem a little more worth it.</P> <P>All the auction details and some=
 photos can be veiwed at the following address:</P> <P>http://www.michael=
bloodmeteorites.com/Tucson%20Auction.html</P> <P>As plans are now, I will=
 arrive sometime on Wendsday and leave out sometime on Sunday during the =
week of the meteorite events. If I have not had the pleasure of talking a=
nd meeting any of the list members that will be there, PLEASE come up to =
me and introduce yourself.</P> <P>In a side note Dean Bessey will not be =
attending this year. I think his trouble on crossing the Canada-USA borde=
r last year has him still a little upset. Dean was the one person of the =
thousand of foreign sellers that made the show that was not going to be l=
et into the country because he does not have a US work permit.</P> <P>Loo=
king foward to seeing everyone is Tucson. Let's hope we do not get a late=
 snow like we did last year. Tucson didn't seem right with a snow blanket=
.</P> <P>Warm thoughts from Kansas where snow has been on the ground for =
over a week and I am tired of it.....</P> <P>Mark Bostick</P></FONT><BR><=