[meteorite-list] Mystery Object Seen Streaking Through The Sky Near Scotl...

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:38 2004

--part1_a9.34fceb63.2b41b54d_boundary

In a message dated 12/29/02 8:30:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:

> >>"I can only describe it as looking like a ball - with a small comet-like
> tail behind it," she said.
>
> "My husband is a bit of a plane buff and we both agreed this definitely
> was not any kind of aircraft."
>
> The object then silently vanished from view within minutes.<<

This sounds very familiar....like a very distant aircraft with short contrail
being lit up by sunlight. Probably an airliner....could be large military
aircraft traveling away from the observer. The key word is Very Distant
aircraft. I've seen them before like this. If I used a standard 7X50
binoculars you wouldn't be able to see the aircraft involved. I was just
barely able with my 14X100 binoculars.
George Zay

--part1_a9.34fceb63.2b41b54d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/29/02 8:30:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt;&gt;"I can only describe it as looking like a ball - with a small comet-like <BR>
tail behind it," she said.<BR>
<BR>
"My husband is a bit of a plane buff and we both agreed this definitely <BR>
was not any kind of aircraft."<BR>
<BR>
The object then silently vanished from view within minutes.&lt;&lt;<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
This sounds very familiar....like a very distant aircraft with short contrail being lit up by sunlight. Probably an airliner....could be large military aircraft traveling away from the observer. The key word is Very Distant aircraft. I've seen them before like this. If I used a standard 7X50 binoculars you wouldn't be able to see the aircraft involved. I was just barely able with my 14X100 binoculars. <BR>
George Zay</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a9.34fceb63.2b41b54d_boundary--