[meteorite-list] Comet Linear Erupts!

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:59 2004

February 1, 2002

Greetings Meteorite Enthusiasts!

I do not know if everyone on the meteorite-list is
aware of it, but Comet C/Linear (2000 WM1) has
erupted in a blaze of astonishment! Last I knew it
was 3rd mag! Currently, it can be seen in the
southern hemisphere. I was just about to post an
e-mail about it last night when the computer froze.

The following link has some information about this
startling event including some observations when you
click the highlighted word "flared":

http://spaceweather.com/

( I hope the link works! )

Too bad it can't be seen here in Michigan right now!

Long strewn fields and exploding comets!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA