[meteorite-list] RE: Meteorites and kids

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:53:59 2004

Walter,
That was a wonderful, inspirational story. Thank you for sharing it with
the list. I agree the kids really like the irons. Adults too. I've also found
that people really enjoy a nice chondrite thin section like Allende in
polarized light. The stained glass effect just takes them in. And while
they're enjoying the sheer gorgeousness of the thing, I'll explain a bit
about chondrules and the first solid stuff in the solar system. When
someone's sense of wonder comes out it's so much easier to
communicate a few facts about what they are seeing.
Bob