[meteorite-list] Violation of # 7

From: dbeatty <dbeatty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:00 2004

Hello Rick,

I am upset with drug dealers, rapists and child abusers....but I'm also
tired of "Bible Thumpers" telling the rest of us what we are supposed to
believe. I'm always amazed that when it fits the situation, creationists
claim that the Bible states certain facts....but when caught in a
contradiction, they state that the Bible is not to be taken literally.
Which is it?? And why did it take the Catholic Church 500 years to
apologize and admit that Galileo was correct...when it is so easy to look
up into the sky and see for ourselves that he was obviously right??

Science attempts to back up statements with facts. Theories are developed,
tested and are then open to peer review. They are then confirmed, denied
or refined. If you would scrutinize the Bible as harshly as you do the
theory of evolution, I am sure that your view would change.

Dennis Beatty