[meteorite-list] Nice rocks this time!

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:00 2004

> Now, I know these here may not be celestials, but I appreciate it if you
> could tell me what they might be:
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/mhy10/meteor/grn.htm
> Cheers....
> Mohamed

This may well be the only positive thing I've said to you so far, Mohamed.
You have found some very nice rocks this time. I don't know what that green
stuff is (you are correct, it is not meteorite), but it looks like it would
make some absolutely fabulous cabachons. Go for a good pale green blending
to white with some of that rich black matrix spider webbing it, and, if it
comes out the way that it looks like it might, you could be in a 50cent/gram
or better range on the finished cabs.
Also, with that gorgeous waxy surface and the conchoidal fracture the stuff
has, be sure to look around the area and check for artifacts. The stuff may
well have been worked into tools by early people.
Good find this time!
-Robert Beauford : )