[meteorite-list] Tuscon

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:02 2004

Hello Everyone,

I am here in Tuscon and so I thought I would give an update to those that
have not been able to attend.

Most of the dealers are here and meteorites are somewhat rare. There is
prolbey 10 times or more the amount of Ammonites then meteorites...no joke.

I have been helping Dean Bessey watch his room while he runs around. Dean
purchased over 400 kilos of meteorites in Morocco last month, which was
enough to have almost every dealer here come and look though the stock. One
that was really nice and almost 50 lbs sold fast. So even in this light
market...meteorites are still selling.

Last night was the first meteorite event...a dinner. We all owe many thanks
to Twink and Jim for their work in putting it together and the great
exspence out of their owe pockets. The food was great and were else can you
set at a table with Bob Hagg and joke around about meteorites. Tonight is
Bloods auction, tomorrow another party and Sunday another auction. So it
looks like we all will be pretty busy here this week.

These events and great for all of us to get together. Unlike how one might
believe by reading this list. We all get along well in person. Even Mike
Farmer and Dean Bessey seemed to get along....really.

Richard and Dorothy Norton are here and have with them the new Cambridge
Encyclopedia of Meteorites, not for sale yet, but hispersonal copy he was
letting everyone look at. Believe me, he really outdid himself this time.
Look of color photos, including thin sections with the great descriptions
only Norton can do. The book comes out in March and I will get one as soon
as it is released...it is very nice.

Hope everybody that did not make the show can make it next year.

Thanks, Mark Bostick, The Big Collector or as Stope has been calling me, The
Large Collector (Hint I weigh like 125 pounds....)