[meteorite-list] RE: Nantan Question

From: Greg Redfern <gredfern_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:03 2004

Bernd,

   Thank you for the reply, the references and the information. It seems
that several dealers in Nantan have picked up on the Chinese astronomical
record of 1516 describing "a dragon breathing fire across the sky". I have
also noted that Nantan is a "problem" meteorite due to severe oxidation. A
recent auction has a specimen "sealed" that just seemed to seal the oxidized
material in. One dealer states that they have found a way to combat the
problem.

My thanks,

Greg