[meteorite-list] Northwest Africa Meteorites a blessing, or omen?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

Dear Edward,
I went round and round for a while on getting a NWA myself due to the
same concerns that you have asked. If you would like to have a nice
 looking meteorite that weights a few pounds and you don't want to spend
more than a few hundred dollars then the NWA's have a place. Yes, they
are no-name-orphan-step-children....BUT, I bought a one pounder for $17
at the Michael Blood auction. Makes a very affordable and fun gift for
a cousin with a couple dozen young future meteorite hunters to play
with...who know's maybe "uncle" Dave may have a whole troop of good eyes
and legs hunting meteorites for him.....that and in a display case, the
NWA's look a whole bunch like a meteorite should to any non meteorite
collector....they look collected. Besides, how you going to teach a
man with a dozen wives and 100 camels how to use a GPS before he can
sell his "black like the desert night" rocks that can have value, like
more camels and wives?
Best,
Dave F.