[meteorite-list] NWA meteorites blessing or omen ?

From: Graham Christensen <majorvoltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

This is true. I myself have many tiny chips and pieces of meteorite but I
have an NWA that I got from Dean Bessey that is 285 grams. I am glad that I
had the opportunity to obtain a meteorite of its size. It has given me a
better idea of what a meteorite would probably look like in an environment
where it might be weathered and I have been able to show it to many people
in my school, many of whom have shown great interest. Besides, I don't think
that the information about the strewnfields is all that important to
science, the physics of meteorite falls and the formation of strewnfields is
already well known. What needs to be studied is the meteorites themselves
and the best way to do this is to have nomads out there searching to make a
profit, finding the maximum amount of material. Am I right on this? This is
just my opinion.

My 2 bits (of NWA meteorite) worth :)
Graham Christensen
majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com