[meteorite-list] New York Times Correction

From: meteorite1.net <themeteoritesite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:04 2004

Hello list members,

    I do not want to upset anyone here but I am confused on this Willamette
issue.

"The American Museum of Natural History bought it in 1906." I assume from
the Indians.

"Two years ago, after the opening of the museum's Rose Center, the tribes
demanded that the meteorite be returned." I assume that would make it 1999
or 2000, 93 years later.

    Ok the Indian tribes sell the meteorite, not have it taken from them but
they sell it. 93 years later they demand it be returned. Wouldn't the fact
that they sold it release them from any claim to it, be it legal, moral or
ethical.

    Would this be the real life definition of "Indian giver".

Sorry but it does not make sense to me

Jim