[meteorite-list] The Pelisson,s. METEORITE GODS

From: LABENNE METEORITES <metlabo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:05 2004

Just some correction on these informations,

As you know, all the SAHXXX meteorites are our find from a location that we
don't want to disclose at present time and for example the Sahara 99555 is
the stone number 555 found in the year 1999. It's an official
identification number which was used by our family and published in the
meteoritic bulletin(Labenne family =3D Marc, Luc and Jim Labenne, not three
brothers but two broters, me and Jim, Marc is our father). In the past we
sold many unclassified individuals with 99XXX and 00XXX even if some are
probably from the same large shower paired with the SAH98222 (a brecciated
L6 with ringwoodite). The raison is that we have collected thousands of
meteorites but only the "best" was classified. If a dealer have a analysis
result and classification of one of these stones, it will be a pleasure to
communicate the coordonates we have in our data base (except the degree).
Yes, you'll find the list of the official meteorites named "Sahara xxxxx"
in the different publication of the Meteoritical Bulletin and yes only few
was classified and published but note that hundreds of samples are in
different laboratories (the main part in M=FCnster in Germany) still waiting
that some researcher have interest in classified "ordinary chondrite" !! So
we have sold also individuals with a sample removed and in this case the
sample still wait classification...

I'm sure the quantity of meteorites discovered is now go down because, even
if the desert area in the world are large, there are not so many good place
easy to visit to organized suystematic research. From our view, our best
place we know in the Sahara (not disclosed) are almost empty, only few
more good places exist in Libya but not easily accessible, the Dhofar and
SAU places in Oman were a very good place (we have found twelve individual
Lunar meteorites) but seem now almost empty and about the NWA, those
returned recently from Marocco say that the quantity they saw in not so
bigger that before. Now it' s the time to acquire the rare and common stuff
from hot desert at a very good price, for example you'll find classified
chondrites with black fusion crust (SAU001) at only $250 by kilo, thin
slices (1mm thick) of SNC at $300/g and Lunar at $1500/g (1g minimal
order). In my opinion in probably one more year when only few new
meteorites will appear on the market (if you compare with the hundred of
new meteorites now), the prices will increase. For me there are not good or
bad meteorites (the bad supposely from Marocco/NWA and the good from USA or
other places), there are well documented or poorly documented meteorites,
well preserved or weathered meteorites, nice or bad looking meteorites and
scientificaly important or not meteorites, with all the intermediate state.

Meteoriticaly,

Luc Labenne for Labenne Meteorites,

Visit our new web site at http://ww.lunar-meteorite.com=20
http://www.labenne-meteorites.com
                                               =20
A 16:21 12/02/02, dean bessey a =E9crit :