[meteorite-list] Licked? Hot Desert Meteorites

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:05 2004

OK, I'll admit it Steven I also sniff Murchison. Matter of fact I routinely
check the smell of meteorites just to see if there is one. Just the other
day I received a Sikhote-Alin from Ivan K. Upon sniffing it I'm certain
that I smelled the distinctive fragrance of cigarette smoke! And I've got
an Allende from Bob Haag from long ago that still smells like a cross
between gunpowder and car exhaust. Who knows what'll turn up next?
;-)
Bob