[meteorite-list] Sacrifice

From: Rick Nowak <internationalmeteoritesociety_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:05 2004

Steve

Yes stating the prices created media attention. I was
told that newspapers charge $50,000 dollars for a full
page ad. Image that I had about two full pages and
about 100,000 people who read all my articles. The
Cleveland Plain Dealer alone has 300,000 readers.
Purdue University was flooded with calls by people who
thought they had a meteorite and Purdue is checking
out a few.I was flooded with emails and calls. Purdue
was very happy. By stating the prices ( the guy I work
for owns $10,000 in posters. He did the Farrah Facwett
poster. Anyway he told me that he would sell the
posters for 1 million. I thought he is crazy. Then I
realized he is a salesman and thats his "opinion" He
generated sales over $120,000,000 million dollars from
that poster.) I feel I created more people who will
want to become collectors thus driving up the demand
etc. I had nothing for X mass and felt the Lord lead
me to this. It was the best X mass I have ever had:)
We will recover Plymouth because it comes down to
making a great sacrifice. The landowners told me at
most some one only came back 3 times to search for
Plymouth on 70 acres. Later at the end of this month
after checking out a certain rumor to see if it is
true or not. I will move to Plymouth and look over
every inch of that property. I will survey it into 50
by 50 blocks and will have to go thru about 1,500
squares. No one wrote a book on how to do meteorites.
I read in Nininger's book how one was put down a well.
So I'm pursuing this too. Tons of people wrote saying
you can't do that. They meant that THEY can't do it.
I will not lie steal or cheat but I will use
everything else to win.......The rich people
understand this stuff. They know that your THINKING a
minds et emotions creates wealth and poverty

As for light traveling 3/8 of inch this list has a lot
of people on it that deal with this stuff. I need to
know this for another meteorite project:)

I t does bother me your bummed out and have to hunt
meteorites in Indiana and that I made it harder for