[meteorite-list] polarising 'scopes

From: Dave Mouat <dmouat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

Hey Dave
Congrats on the microscope. A pretty good intro book is MacKenzie and Adams.
1994. A Color Atlas of Rocks and Minerals in Thin Section. New York, John
Wiley. 192p. I got mine at a college bookstore about four years ago but am
prety sure it's still in print. It is well illustrated with great color
photomicrographs and explanations of the mineralogies which could be
appreciated by either a serious layman or a geology student. Let me or The
List know if you need a good minerology text
in not so gentle decay
Dave